What a total load of wee-wee!

When 80% of vehicles on UK roads have Chinese brains….. we are doomed …Mr Mainwaring

EDIT: still can not get past the cars QR code! Tried off and on for over 8 hrs now…….

I’m in again too and using Face Reconition🤫. However, in the Travel section, I cannot search for destinations and send to car for the cars sat nav use. Any ideas or has this feature been discontinued?

Mine worked first time and it's a much better app, layout and UX makes much more sense, didn't have to rebind or anything silly like that. Finally!

Now just need a dark mode so my retina don't get fried at night.

Well, I can log in now, but all I get is "The remote control instruction failed, please try again later." and no data.

Any ideas why? Do I need to rebind?

What a total load of wee-wee!

When 80% of vehicles on UK roads have Chinese brains….. we are doomed …Mr Mainwaring

EDIT: still can not get past the cars QR code! Tried off and on for over 8 hrs now…….
So now it scans the QR code and says success. However, when I try to load the section to use the app…. It says re-bind… try that and it says success! …. Then I try to……. Oh you get the picture…. Repeat To fecking fade!!!

Total crap!

Just checked Playstore again and it's done a small update to v2.0.1 - still doesn't work, though :-(

But the login and token expiration issues are due to Amazon servers not MG
Well not really, it's up to the customer - MG in this case - to size their AWS instances appropriately for demand, or scale them out depending on the architecture. That's one of points of using a cloud service you can scale it up when you expect high demand - like when you force everyone to update an app at the same time by disabling the old one so no one can use it - and scale it back again afterwards to reduce your costs.

Edit: posted before I saw that AWS had an issue. The general principle still applies though.

After faffing around eventually got it going (Android).

Now at end of day and get "Token Expired. The login token has expired please log in again".

Must have used a bunch of trainees to write this pile of ***p.....
Hi I've had the same problem,saying login token as expired,have to keep logging back in.

Oh my goodness

On IOS, deleted app and downloaded the new version from app store, logged in... its changed folks, a brand new learning experience :eek:, working with both of my MG`s, keyless entry is now on the home page, if you want to update data select the little MG icon in bottom left corner.... oh my. It is actually so far an improvement, appears to have a few new functions (although I cannot see how to set battery charging level from app, now found on the battery page by selecting the top right nut icon). Make sure you are sitting down before updating...
Thank you....been at this all day..🤪😜🤪😜

Wish I'd seen this thread before letting Google Play update a load of apps. New version just doesn't work. Connects to car, but can't read any status, not even the battery percentage. Thinks it's 127 degrees C inside the car. Also the white theme is hard work on the eyes, and it's the only theme option. Serious step backwards.

Just updated app for Mg 5 and Mg 4. Neither now work mg 4 says needs binding despite car saying it’s bound. Mg sees car but won’t refresh so are values battery etc are blanked out is the server down?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back