MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

In the meantime you can turn off audio notifications (which stays off. The system itself can be turned off but will come back on when you restart the car).
Yes this. Was about to say this as this is how mine is currently (sounds were turned off when I took delivery). Not sure if said software update is available yet, it wasn’t last time I checked with the dealer.

Probably going to check back with them in a few weeks / new year if I’ve not heard as it’s not a major issue right now and I’m not doing many long drives.

Drowsiness warning ⚠️

Anyone figured out how to turn this off permanently? It was driving us insane today! Turn it off on system setting - a few minutes later off it goes again and has re-enabled itself - rinse & repeat
Just picked up a new MG4 Trophy new year's eve.
Got the dreded drowsiness warning lol. Driving me nuts. Doesn't look like an update for this has happened yet?
Been looking through owners manual pdf and found Fatigue monitoring module fuse in passenger fuse box (F13) 5amp.
Has anyone else found this?? May just pull it out and see what happens

Screenshot_20230101_210121_Office.jpg

I think someone has tried that before - as I recall it didn't really help as there was then a permanent warning on the driver screen.

Got the dreded drowsiness warning lol. Driving me nuts. Doesn't look like an update for this has happened yet?
Been looking through owners manual pdf and found Fatigue monitoring module fuse in passenger fuse box (F13) 5amp.
I thought (from previous posts) that this issue was sorted by an update? Is that not the case?

Has it got the inferred sensor on top of the steering binnacle?
1672643299482.png

It must be one of the first batch of cars as the second lot of Trophies don't have that because of the problem you've experienced.
The dealer should have updated the software to make it less aggressive.
Perhaps MG should bring out a new model MG4 Lite - a wheel in each corner and a steering wheel🤣🤣

It must be one of the first batch of cars as the second lot of Trophies don't have that because of the problem you've experienced.
Is it the dealer that updates SW on these cars? No over the air updates, or something we can do ourselves as owners? (I'm still waiting for my MG4)

Mine has been in alarm from day one of recieving!!! end of October. It has the camera and shows on when looked through phone camera. However Dealer say MG have no fix for it yet and they were told not to keep asking MG China for solution as they keep saying will fix when they know what to do??
I'm awaiting a new screen head unit in the new year, first one came from China damaged in box!!

They THINK? It may cure my radio freeze and the drowsiness fault. I doubt it like and if its just the same after new unit, shows they hav'nt a clue!

In the meantime you can turn off audio notifications (which stays off. The system itself can be turned off but will come back on when you restart the car).
Hi,

I took the car out today and have been getting this noise and it's rather annoying. Can you tell me which menu I can turn the audio notifications off for this please?

Ahh, that will explain why I haven't had this issue as don't have the do-whatsit on the steering wheel!

"Dealer say MG have no fix for it yet and they were told not to keep asking MG China for solution as they keep saying will fix when they know what to do??"

And today's winner off how to build confidence in a brand is presented too MG UK.

I admire the honesty but imagine telling a dealer that, " we've been told to stop asking for solutions to problems as the people who built it don't have a clue how to fix it"

Basically don't call us we'll call you, unbelievable!!

"Dealer say MG have no fix for it yet and they were told not to keep asking MG China for solution as they keep saying will fix when they know what to do??"
You have to wonder what sort of project management is in place.

It would be normal to maintain an issue log, to prioritise issues in order of importance and allocate resources to tackle them. Management should have at least an idea of when higher priority issues will be addressed, but if this is not deemed a high priority, and I can imagine there may be more pressing issues, then it is harder to predict when it might be dealt with,

My dealer mentioned that MG had added the system as a helping hand to adding safety features to the car, and allowing it to hit a higher NCAP rating

I'm sure when it's patched in the software, and works as intended (can be turned off), it'll be ok
Love the last comment. I think a lot of owners would support that. Get it working as intended and then just turn it off! 🤪

You have to wonder what sort of project management is in place.

It would be normal to maintain an issue log, to prioritise issues in order of importance and allocate resources to tackle them. Management should have at least an idea of when higher priority issues will be addressed, but if this is not deemed a high priority, and I can imagine there may be more pressing issues, then it is harder to predict when it might be dealt with,
Sounds like MG could do with your services.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back