• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

Just booked my car in for the safety recall.

Interesting bit of information about this issue from my service manager - apparently the UK market were never meant to have the dowsieness sensor to start with (and MG are still trying to figure out how to resolve it)

Interesting bit of information about this issue from my service manager - apparently the UK market were never meant to have the dowsieness sensor to start with (and MG are still trying to figure out how to resolve it)
Which would explain why when the next delivery of Trophy's were delivered they didn't have it

Which would explain why when the next delivery of Trophy's were delivered they didn't have it
The driver awareness camera is the direct driver monitor system, and it's that that is causing the problems. There is still the indirect system which monitors steering inputs etc which can throw up a warning if it decides you're asleep.

Thanks for info. Let's hope it gets resolved soon

Oh jeez. I’m sending mine in tomorrow for software updates. Do you know which one removed the ability to silence it?

What is the infotainment watermark update? Is that to remove the preproduction hardware not for resale notice on Google maps? Just trying to work out which update I do not want. Hate the driver monitoring system and if I lose the ability to silence it I just will hate the car
Yes to remove the preproduction thing in the screen. Also to fix the radio glitching. Wish I hadn't bothered!

Dealer advised me there is a bulletin out today regarding driver monitoring system. Looks like I'll be the guinea pig again. Getting the door lock update also.

Oh right, thanks. Didn’t realise yours was the one that had been in for a while. I take it you can’t currently turn sound off like most of us?
That's right. It's not the DMS alert that is sounding but a warning that the module is faulty which cannot be silenced. The options for the module disappeared from the menu. It's as if it's the new firmware for the cars without the sensor but the system recognises an uninstalled component.

Praise be! The update has resolved the issue. The annoying thing is that the option to permanently silence but not disable is gone. I can only disable it but this re-enables on next start up, as before. It does seem a lot less sensitive than before however I will just have to kill it each journey for now. Until the next update which I shall let others beta test!

Does it no longer pop up on the screen when disabled. Sounds like we are getting close to a permanent solution. Thanks for the update.

Hi guys maybe I should not be placing a comment about this as I don’t own a trophy just an SE but you may recall it took a while to sort out the BMS on the ZS and it’s bongs but they get there in the end I believe but you need a little patience with MG maybe when you buy one.
Les

Praise be! The update has resolved the issue. The annoying thing is that the option to permanently silence but not disable is gone. I can only disable it but this re-enables on next start up, as before. It does seem a lot less sensitive than before however I will just have to kill it each journey for now. Until the next update which I shall let others beta test!
Will have to get mine booked in, sounds like it's going to help a bit till next update. Cheers Able

Will have to get mine booked in, sounds like it's going to help a bit till next update. Cheers Able
They tried to apply this to my car today and when it was in for the recall, but it kept erroring. Would be interested to see how everyone else gets on.

Mine remains unchanged for now, still silenced etc.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back