MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

Probably the software booting up in slightly the wrong sequence so it checks the driver monitoring system before it has turned on.
Seemed to happen once today only when I hadn’t put the car into ready mode yet by pressing the brake, so this theory may well hold up given the system should only be active when the car isn’t fully on.

Yes that was us posting on facebook, our Trophy arrived today after ordering just under 4 weeks ago,

And the Camera Binnacle has gone,
So does it still have an option to turn ON/OFF in the infortainment system? Would be interested if its just been removed or resited?

There is still a DAW slider (On/Off) in the infotainment, but it does not seem to do anything now.

Even with it on you can drive with your eyes closed or looking away for a long time and there is no warning at all.

Our Neighbours car with the camera reacts within seconds if you try those shenanigans

There is still a DAW slider (On/Off) in the infotainment, but it does not seem to do anything now.

Even with it on you can drive with your eyes closed or looking away for a long time and there is no warning at all.

Our Neighbours car with the camera reacts within seconds if you try those shenanigans
Thanks, interesting if this will be done to all UK Trophy's on a recall to remove and fit new steering top cover.

The manual mentions passive and direct monitoring, passive I think being if you don’t put in any steering input so I would imagine the toggle controls that too?

Se trim had passive but not direct I believe.

Just received my trophy and went looking for fixes as the system is simply dangerous as currently stands. Goes off near constantly.

Contacted MG who said it is required and you cannot turn it off. When I said but what about the SE, if it is required then why does the SE not have it? They said it is required because it has been declared as part of the NCAP ratings. Ie said it has a certain feature for safety then has to stay. With that in mind what are the chances they will disable it ?

Won't be keeping the car for long it this doesn't get fixed, having it pop up so often I can't live with it. Looks like MG acknowledge that if cars turning up with out it.

Just received my trophy and went looking for fixes as the system is simply dangerous as currently stands. Goes off near constantly.

Contacted MG who said it is required and you cannot turn it off. When I said but what about the SE, if it is required then why does the SE not have it? They said it is required because it has been declared as part of the NCAP ratings. Ie said it has a certain feature for safety then has to stay. With that in mind what are the chances they will disable it ?

Won't be keeping the car for long it this doesn't get fixed, having it pop up so often I can't live with it. Looks like MG acknowledge that if cars turning up with out it.
It wasn't Mr Smart at MG was it?

That explains it. There have been strange messages from him about the transmission oil leak where he contradicts himself in the same email.
He should have got a job as a tea-boy in a chocolate teapot factory.
Ian, that was after he got sacked from the chocolate fireguard job :D

Edit, rumour is he informed a customer it was meant to melt at a certain temperature to turn into liquid form enabling it to run into the flames and extinguish them🔥🧨

Last edited:
Drowsiness warning ⚠️

Anyone figured out how to turn this off permanently? It was driving us insane today! Turn it off on system setting - a few minutes later off it goes again and has re-enabled itself - rinse & repeat
Why mg4 developers don't test the car and software befor they sell? 4 days now with my mg4 luxury and I think I will send it back. This system don't work and nothing can save from previous driving.

Turned mine off and on, yellow warning on screen message centre saying drowsiness warning alert, bottom line is it doesn't work there is a picture of a hot cup in the top left corner of screen, but never had any warnings 🤪

Turned mine off and on, yellow warning on screen message centre saying drowsiness warning alert, bottom line is it doesn't work there is a picture of a hot cup in the top left corner of screen, but never had any warnings 🤪
I drive everyday with this warning. I don't like it because it's a brand new car.

I got the same issue on my new MG4 Trophy, the alert is on saying that there's a fault with the system. At least it doesn't make any sound, despite the option being active.
Dealership told me it's a known issue (but they didn't tell me that before giving me the car with the light on!), and that they'll contact me when a fix will be ready (no ETA for it, though).
Honestly, if the fix is to remove a camera watching me (or disable it), I'm only happy :)
Still poor from MG to deliver a new car with a fault, though.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back