MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

If you block it with your finger it gives you another error and won't go away
Mine came up with the error saying that it was blocked this morning, probably due to a tiny bit of condensation. There's no way I'm polishing the bane of my life every morning! (maybe need to rephrase that šŸ¤”)

It does make you wonder about all the trade journo testing. Surely they encountered this issue, yet never thought to mention it in reviews. Client journalism?
Just watching podcast. Apparently the press cars didnā€™t have this issue and itā€™s been reintroduced with an update and potentially earlier version of the software šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

At least we know thereā€™s a fix coming šŸ™‚

It does make you wonder about all the trade journo testing. Surely they encountered this issue, yet never thought to mention it in reviews. Client journalism?
Can I suggest to everyone to watch tonightā€™s podcast on YT in it Miles Roberts sheds some light on the subject and it appears the press cars did not have this problem and it might have somthing to do with the PDI some cars had and they have now been stopped by MG until itā€™s sorted out I think he said
Les

Sorry jamesc83 as I posted this yours pop up on the same subject
Les

Last edited:
Can I suggest to everyone to watch tonightā€™s podcast on YT in it Miles Roberts sheds some light on the subject and it appears the press cars did not have this problem and it might have somthing to do with the PDI some cars had and they have now been stopped by MG until itā€™s sorted out I think he said
Les

Sorry jamesc83 as I posted this your pop up on the same subject
Les
No worries šŸ™‚. Was glad to hear it itā€™s in hand being sorted. Loving the car none the less.

Informative podcast thanks.

Mine seems to go off the moment you take your eyes from the road, which considering you need to look around while driving is a tad annoying. Does anyone know if there is a separate volume control for the warning?
I thought I would wear dark sunglasses but that didnā€™t stop it either. How the hell It can see my eyes move, is beyond me. Covering the camera only creates another displayed warning message, as I tried that too. To turn the sound off switch off the audio sounds part in settings. You still get the warning sign and coffee cup but no sound. I am annoyed when I change many settings it all seems to go back to default every time I restart the car, why canā€™t you custom your preferred settings and leave it like thatā€¦.šŸ„²šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢šŸ˜­

Has anyone had any update on a fix yet. I was told on 28/9/22 from dealership that update was due in 2-3 weeks . Called today and apparently MG have not yet released a software update. Just checking as the dealership have provided poor customer service since collecting the car.

I thought I would wear dark sunglasses but that didnā€™t stop it either. How the hell It can see my eyes move, is beyond me. Covering the camera only creates another displayed warning message, as I tried that too. To turn the sound off switch off the audio sounds part in settings. You still get the warning sign and coffee cup but no sound. I am annoyed when I change many settings it all seems to go back to default every time I restart the car, why canā€™t you custom your preferred settings and leave it like thatā€¦.šŸ„²šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢šŸ˜­
If it is infra red, it can see your eyes through your sunglasses.

Has anyone had any update on a fix yet. I was told on 28/9/22 from dealership that update was due in 2-3 weeks . Called today and apparently MG have not yet released a software update. Just checking as the dealership have provided poor customer service since collecting the car.
I understand a few cars (mine included) have a FAULT warning on the drowsiness feature. Good that I dont get bothered by bings and bongs but appears there is no power to the steering wheel camera as a lot of people say they can see the IR lights when active, mine does not.
Dealer said MG aware and car will need to be kept in a few days when they get fix from China. Probaly have to dismantle the steering housings to change camera?
Checked line fuse and fault diagnosis and could not pinpoint problem.
Hopefully software update ready by the time it goes in for repair.

You can check if the steering wheel camera is working by looking at it through your phone camera. The same trick works with TV remote controls.

You can check if the steering wheel camera is working by looking at it through your phone camera. The same trick works with TV remote controls.
Cheers I will try this when I go to the match today.

Was at the dealer the other day. The technician said that although some software updates had been released this wasnā€™t completely fixed. He said MG were still working on it and to check back in a couple of weeks.

Once the fix is available I can book my car in.

On a related subject does anyone occasionally get something like ā€œdriver monitoring system fault please consult manualā€ when starting the car. Then it goes away.
I think it mean it thinks the cameras blocked as itā€™s happened when wheel has been very slightly turned or if itā€™s dark.

Either way Iā€™ve just put it down to buggy software as the fault never persists

On a related subject does anyone occasionally get something like ā€œdriver monitoring system fault please consult manualā€ when starting the car. Then it goes away.
I think it mean it thinks the cameras blocked as itā€™s happened when wheel has been very slightly turned or if itā€™s dark.

Either way Iā€™ve just put it down to buggy software as the fault never persists
Not had that, as yet, 6 weeks inā€¦

Yes. I have seen this very briefly. Iā€™m not sure what caused it but your idea seems plausible.

Yes. I have seen this very briefly. Iā€™m not sure what caused it but your idea seems plausible.
Glad someone has. I actually just managed to get a recording of it, but I did cover the camera up during startup with my phone hoping it would trigger. Of course my phone battery has now died with the video on it šŸ˜‚

Emailed dealers asking about it but Iā€™ll likely just wait for the updates.

Probably the software booting up in slightly the wrong sequence so it checks the driver monitoring system before it has turned on.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 533 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back