MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

Why mg4 developers don't test the car and software befor they sell? 4 days now with my mg4 luxury and I think I will send it back. This system don't work and nothing can save from previous driving.
I get your point but with audible warning off I wouldn’t say it’s so bad to cause you to return the car given it’s been confirmed there’s a fix coming sometime but that’s me.

I get your point but with audible warning off I wouldn’t say it’s so bad to cause you to return the car given it’s been confirmed there’s a fix coming sometime but that’s me.
If they don't update the software. The solution is remove this camera system. I will try turn of the sound warning. But it's don't looks good with warning image in the smal screen

If they don't update the software. The solution is remove this camera system. I will try turn of the sound warning. But it's don't looks good with warning image in the smal screen
Are you getting too many “pay attention to the road” type messages when over 37mph like me and others or a warning triangle that doesn’t go away but no alerts like some seem to be reporting recently?

Seems like two versions of software depending on when the car was sold to me.

Are you getting too many “pay attention to the road” type messages when over 37mph like me and others or a warning triangle that doesn’t go away but no alerts like some seem to be reporting recently?

Funnily enough, I noticed on a MG4 test drive (Trophy) I had yesterday that I didn't see any warning triangle keep coming up, just a text message at the top of the screen saying "Pay attention to the road" or something similar. The message only stayed there for around 5 to 10 seconds then went away. I suppose I saw it around three or four times during the, approximately 25 minute long drive.
Whilst totally unnecessary and something I could do without, it wasn't a deal breaker so far as I was concerned if there's a chance of a software update to adjust it/turn it off in the pipeline.

The car I drove had the camera on the steering column shroud, but I have seen photos of the newer models that don't have it there. Can I ask anybody who owns one of the newer models - do you still get the annoying triangle or message??

I don't get alot but this warning stay on screen like I have old car with problem. I hat it. It's software problem I'm not tired to drive and the message continue coming and that's I say the waning still on the small screen.i hop for new updates on the software very soon

Don't forget that those "changed" cars were built before any were delivered in the UK. For example, @Stageshoot 's car was built in August according to its certificate of conformity and doesn't have the feature.

Don't forget that those "changed" cars were built before any were delivered in the UK. For example, @Stageshoot 's car was built in August according to its certificate of conformity and doesn't have the feature.
I wonder if they are removing it at the docks before it gets to the dealers

Funnily enough, I noticed on a MG4 test drive (Trophy) I had yesterday that I didn't see any warning triangle keep coming up, just a text message at the top of the screen saying "Pay attention to the road" or something similar. The message only stayed there for around 5 to 10 seconds then went away. I suppose I saw it around three or four times during the, approximately 25 minute long drive.
Whilst totally unnecessary and something I could do without, it wasn't a deal breaker so far as I was concerned if there's a chance of a software update to adjust it/turn it off in the pipeline.

The car I drove had the camera on the steering column shroud, but I have seen photos of the newer models that don't have it there. Can I ask anybody who owns one of the newer models - do you still get the annoying triangle or message??

We have the new one without the camera, and have never had any warnings or pay attention messages at all. Its like its all been taken out physically and disabled in software

If it was changed anywhere I would say at the docks and not on PDI at the dealer,

Arrived at Docks 21st Oct.

Got to Dealer 10am on the 8th Nov, he called us and said we could collect anytime in the afternoon that day.. So doubt they would offer same day collection if messing changing parts like Cowls and Breathers on the same day.

Last edited:
Drowsiness warning ⚠️

Anyone figured out how to turn this off permanently? It was driving us insane today! Turn it off on system setting - a few minutes later off it goes again and has re-enabled itself - rinse & repeat

Last edited:
A very helpful chap at Luscombes told me to try this, as it stores some settings on other models;

go to settings -> Disable the drowsiness warning
press and hold the home button under the screen for 10s to reset the system to save the setting

Did this at lunchtime - turned car off / on again and it did seem to remember the change but won’t get chance to see if it’s disabled it fully on the road until tomorrow now.

Unfortunately it didn’t remember the driving mode though - gonna have to relent and add this to the user button rather than the heating
This, a life saver!

Only for the drowsiness bit, it still doesn't remember other settings, such as drive mode.

For the driver assist feature, it's able to remember cruise control but not speed limit, seems like a software bug to me.
If it hasn't been already, I think this tip should be added to the MG4 Hints, Tips and Solutions thread!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back