• No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters

bowfer

Banned
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So, it’s expected the new small Tesla (ID3 / MG4 size ) will be confirmed at the investor meeting next weeks.
Rumours are it will be priced around £25k.
So, who’s ditching their 4 for one…

I Love Myself Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

Rumour is what rumour does ... the M3 was rumoured to introduce at £30k - and actually started at circa £40k. (Same has happened for all Tesla models). So I'm taking that rumour with a pinch of salt - I expect it'll be nearer £35k in reality.

Rumour is what rumour does ... the M3 was rumoured to introduce at £30k - and actually started at circa £40k. (Same has happened for all Tesla models). So I'm taking that rumour with a pinch of salt - I expect it'll be nearer £35k in reality.

Nah, too close to M3 money, especially since the price drop.
Not saying some models won’t reach £35k, but confident starter models will easily be far less.

If Tesla do actually manage to make a smaller model for around the £25 - 30k mark, the equivalent sized competitors will likely have brown pants and MG's disrupter model will have a direct competitor with far superior software and EV know how. VW group will have the biggest worry on if Tesla manage to do that I think.

If Tesla do actually manage to make a smaller model for around the £25 - 30k mark, the equivalent sized competitors will likely have brown pants and MG's disrupter model will have a direct competitor with far superior software and EV know how. VW group will have the biggest worry on if Tesla manage to do that I think.

If the local dealer is any indicator, VW are struggling already.
A whole row of ID3s available and prices being slashed.

Maybe so - but it won't be anywhere near £25k. :)

I honestly don’t know how you can be so confident and don’t see why they couldn’t.
Make it less premium than the M3, fewer gadgets and cloth instead of leather etc
If MG can do it, zero reason Tesla can’t.

I honestly don’t know how you can be so confident and don’t see why they couldn’t.
History. Tesla haven't managed it yet (see earlier comment re. over-promise, under-deliver), and I see no reason why that will change now. :)

Make it less premium than the M3, fewer gadgets and cloth instead of leather etc
If MG can do it, zero reason Tesla can’t.
I agree and they have apparently simplified their production lines/ processes to assist in cost cutting.

They are talking about 2025 in the article I read with a basic SR model and long range and performance.

I agree and they have apparently simplified their production lines/ processes to assist in cost cutting.

They are talking about 2025 in the article I read with a basic SR model and long range and performance.

2025 will be a bummer, I’ll be in something else by then and maybe won’t be so excited about the M2 (which it won’t be called, just me calling it that)

I'm still waiting for that "something else" in the EV world. I want to stay around the Golf sized car, which currently I've got the choice of MG4, ID3, Cupra Born, Leaf. Whilst there's going to be an Electric Astra & 308 they're not based on ground up EV platforms.

I was hoping Tesla's smaller version car could be the one as currently the Cupra Born would be my choice, but that also has plenty of software issues which would stop me from swapping from my ICE car. Tesla's SC network is a massive plus I think and certainly would be for me.

I'm still waiting for that "something else" in the EV world. I want to stay around the Golf sized car, which currently I've got the choice of MG4, ID3, Cupra Born, Leaf. Whilst there's going to be an Electric Astra & 308 they're not based on ground up EV platforms.

I was hoping Tesla's smaller version car could be the one as currently the Cupra Born would be my choice, but that also has plenty of software issues which would stop me from swapping from my ICE car. Tesla's SC network is a massive plus I think and certainly would be for me.

The lack of routine servicing with Teslas appeals to me.
As it should be with EVs, routine checks are a rip off when systems can be in place to tell you about issues and deal with them then.
Nothing untoward?
Cool, keep driving and don’t give us any dough mate

So, it’s expected the new small Tesla (ID3 / MG4 size ) will be confirmed at the investor meeting next weeks.
Rumours are it will be priced around £25k.
So, who’s ditching their 4 for one…

I Love Myself Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV
Even if they announce it, which they may, production will be a long way off.

They have the Cybertruck to launch first, then the Roadster (both years behind announcements like the Semi).

If they launch it before 2024 I will be very surprised and would expect it to be US-only to start. Given time to launch and ramp, it will be 2025 more likely before they are available here.

By then, MG will have quite an exciting line up on the new platform to compete.

Before releasing a new EV, they should deliver their solution for missing USS and the autopilot which should be finished since 2019. Only announcements so far.... It reminds me to star citizen

Before releasing a new EV, they should deliver their solution for missing USS and the autopilot which should be finished since 2019. Only announcements so far.... It reminds me to star citizen

I’ve no idea what this means.
I recognised the word ‘autopilot’ which wouldn’t be expected in their budget car.
Anyone who wants it can spend £xxxx to add it ( not me )

I’ve no idea what this means.
I recognised the word ‘autopilot’ which wouldn’t be expected in their budget car.
Anyone who wants it can spend £xxxx to add it ( not me )
I just wanted to clarify that they spread more announcements into the world than delivering their announced products in my opinion. Similar to other people mentioned the cybertruck and roadster announcement.

I have to say I'd be more excited by the MG4 Genuinely Long Distance – I just can't see Tesla producing a car for less than £30,000. And there are other exciting vehicles on the horizon (Nio, BYD...). Although the growing protectionism from which automakers have always benefited may block the Chinese from making inroads into UK/European markets...

Generally Musk talks a lot of shyte so i wont be placing any bets on price or availability of any offering.

Imagine your MG just got 6k knocked off it overnight and the resulting depreciation hit. Exactly what he did on the model 3 last month.

The lack of routine servicing with Teslas appeals to me.
As it should be with EVs, routine checks are a rip off when systems can be in place to tell you about issues and deal with them then.
Nothing untoward?
Cool, keep driving and don’t give us any dough mate

Yup, got to give them that. Not looking forward to handing over a couple of hundred hard earned for a bunch of ticks on a piece of paper and a scratchy car wash.
VW are planning a 20K ish Golf MK4 size EV with LFP cells and front drive.
Will be stunned if it does come in at that price.

Generally Musk talks a lot of shyte so i wont be placing any bets on price or availability of any offering.

Imagine your MG just got 6k knocked off it overnight and the resulting depreciation hit. Exactly what he did on the model 3 last month.

I’d suggest the number of people actually buying Teslas is tiny.
Most are PCP or lease, so any hit to after sales values by a drop in RRP doesn’t matter.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back