New small Tesla

Will I ditch to switch

• Yes

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 24 66.7%

• Total voters
Thanks to everyone with you feedback about LKA it does appear that some stay off when switched off but others have reported it does not I hope it dam well does in answer to bowfer above yes at the moment it does stay off but I have just took the car to my dealer for the software update to be done tomorrow for the door locking plus the new breather for the oil leak and I have ask them if after the update the LKA Won’t stay off please disable it all together as we don’t want it in the car.
Les.

As much as I love our performance Tesla I don’t see Tesla coming out with an affordable model anytime soon. It’s really a shame that they think that everyone wants to spend ridiculous amounts of money on vehicles

As much as I love our performance Tesla I don’t see Tesla coming out with an affordable model anytime soon. It’s really a shame that they think that everyone wants to spend ridiculous amounts of money on vehicles

I don’t think £42k for a model 3 is bad at all.
It’s more than I’m prepared to spend for my meagre mileage, but it’s not bad.

Thanks to everyone with you feedback about LKA it does appear that some stay off when switched off but others have reported it does not I hope it dam well does in answer to bowfer above yes at the moment it does stay off but I have just took the car to my dealer for the software update to be done tomorrow for the door locking plus the new breather for the oil leak and I have ask them if after the update the LKA Won’t stay off please disable it all together as we don’t want it in the car.
Les.

I very much doubt they will disable it altogether, far too potentially dodgy for them to be any part of.

Sorry miaMG us brits are suckers for a bargain and if the price is anywhere near what’s being rumoured it will sell like hot cakes even if only for the super charger network they have.
Les.

Last edited:
It may be in the works, but as with everything they'll be at least 2 years late past when they originally promised to start delivering. The model 3 took it's sweet time to come to the RHD market and I think the UK will always be last to get their new models due to that alone.

I read this morning that Tesla have put the "affordable" one on the back boiler for now and are concentrating on making the existing models more efficient battery and motor wise, no doubt as an excuse for putting the prices back up.

Well what a disappointment last night did try to stay awake but nodded off a few times.
But In the video below Kevin Meet explains it all with the best Donald Trump impression I have seen yet around 11:00 minutes into it
Les

Well what a disappointment last night did try to stay awake but nodded off a few times.
But In the video below Kevin Meet explains it all with the best Donald Trump impression I have seen yet around 11:00 minutes into it
Les

That is funny!

To be fair though, it wasn't billed as a product announcement but an investor update on the long-term masterplan, which is what they did. It was too long and I nodded off at times too, but setting out a way to completely transition the world to sustainable energy was also breathtaking and amazing.

Nobody else seems to have this kind of massive practical vision and it was a huge contrast (in a good way) to the impotency of the recent WEF Davos billionaire schmooze.

Who knows if they will pull it off? Hats off for trying, I say.

To be honest, I don’t care when and if the new small Tesla comes to the UK. I have been in a couple of Teslas and while they were the ‘wow’ car at the time I sat in them, i am more pleased with our trophy, the physical buttons compared to none in the Tesla.

we picked up our wives Trophy on the 1st March and yes, the LKA resets every time. But that is not a huge problem as the infotainment reacts quickly 99% of the time. And we now now where the settings are, so it takes less than 5 seconds before we drive off. We have programmed the star buttons for HVAC and driver mode and that is all my wife wants.

By the time the Tesla 3 comes to the UK, we will most likely be switching our 4 to a new MG model or decide on NIO, BYD, or any other EV that happens to be a the affordable price bracket for Everyman.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back