Mine has gone to sleep after about 6 hours. Came home, used the app in the evening to set the charge target - nothing doing, had to unlock/lock it to get it working. Other times I've had no problem accessing it after several days sitting on the drive. Usual MG consistency. 😖

using version 2.0.2 from the play store. I have not been able to use the HVAC to warm up the car at all. When I press SEND the cars indicators flash once but then after some time I get this. Any Gurus?

1706610201407.png

Yesterday for the first time I tried to preheat the car while it was on charge. (I had to interrupt a charging session to go out in the evening.) It all seemed to work fine, but when I went into the garage and opened the car it wasn't warm.

Was it something I did or has anyone else experienced this?

Simply checking you completed the ‘Send’ process. You get a “Success” message and then have to wait for a second one, about only being on for 10 minutes, which requires you to press “OK”.

That what both the head unit and the App reports alright !.
Yes we have the ZS EV Trophy LR with the NMC battery chemistry.
Why do you ask ?.
Because I'm lucky to get 120 miles on a full charge on my zs ev trophy standard range so was surprised. But yours being long range model makes sense.

Simply checking you completed the ‘Send’ process. You get a “Success” message and then have to wait for a second one, about only being on for 10 minutes, which requires you to press “OK”.

I wasn't aware of doing anything differently from the umpteen successful pre-heats when the car wasn't plugged in, but anything's possible.

Yeah - if you don't see a Success message with a 10 minute warning and an OK prompt then it hasn't fully worked. :)

After 4 months use the MGSmart app is no longer working. I use my car every day and I’ve had no connection with the app like this for 4 days. Have uninstalled it reinstalled. Tried on another phone. No success no longer will connect to my car. Anyone else having this problem now ??
IMG_7312.png

There are at least two threads on iSmart problems. Try this one MG iSmart 2.0 [merged]
There have been problems with the servers over the past few days and you may have been unlucky when you tried to connect. I'm presuming that the car has been opened in the last 24hrs and has not 'gone to sleep'.

FYI - for people reporting that their car is in Brussels or elsewhere (when checking with the Find My Car icon) ... press the crosshairs target at the bottom right and the location should refresh to be correct. ;)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back