I’m finding that every few days the iPhone app has forgotten my login details and I have to login all over again. And there seems to be no “keep me logged in” option.

Even worse, when I log in it has reset itself to metric instead of imperial!

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks in advance

Btw how often mgIsmart app get updates? Do mg dev listen owner complains ? The car is missing so much stuff that could be added with software updates 😀 😕

The app is updated quite often, but it has been known to make things worse on occasion.

MG don't seem to listen much, no. And yet despite this software updates continue to appear which generally fix about 50% of the issues people have been moaning about.

One owner in Turkey was recently told by his dealer that his car would not receive any updates, not even if he paid for them. He's selling the car. Can't blame him. But fortunately most people seem to be getting the updates.

Android Auto has options which appear on the phone when it's connected or from an icon on the apps car screen. One setting is for AA to remain linked even if the phone screen locks.
I'm presuming CarPlay doesn't have the same options.

I just like to share my discovery. Maybe will be helpful for someone.
I have mg4 trophy.
After the mg smart app update (December 2023) I couldn't connect my phone wit car. It's looks like the app asking you to put phone number, but after many attempts and reinstalled everything still didn't work. Instead putting phone number in this same place I put in my email and worked!
O know, huge discovery 😜

I just like to share my discovery. Maybe will be helpful for someone.
I have mg4 trophy.
After the mg smart app update (December 2023) I couldn't connect my phone wit car. It's looks like the app asking you to put phone number, but after many attempts and reinstalled everything still didn't work. Instead putting phone number in this same place I put in my email and worked!
O know, huge discovery 😜
Yes this can happen it depends on what was put in when the car was first paired and EMail address is your Email address, but when using you phone you need to drop the first zero example for the UK is, if your number is
0123 //// ///.
You would put
Country code +44 123 /// ////
So leaving the first zero out.
Les

The app is updated quite often, but it has been known to make things worse on occasion.

MG don't seem to listen much, no. And yet despite this software updates continue to appear which generally fix about 50% of the issues people have been moaning about.

One owner in Turkey was recently told by his dealer that his car would not receive any updates, not even if he paid for them. He's selling the car. Can't blame him. But fortunately most people seem to be getting I
Mg marvel r car is a good car that needs alot of software updated to make it better but seems like mg app creators didn't have enough creative thought or read users complain . Even the app rate is 1.5

Anybody else having the following problem? On the App I have always been able to create a destination and send it to the car. I have tried to do that today and it won’t even search. In other words, I cannot create a Travel Plan. The car is great, but this App is atrocious 😞

Thinking I should disconnect the trickle charger now. It’s probably full. At least I don’t have to waste battery heating the car.
IMG_5549.png

Heh. The largest number you can store in 16 bits (two bytes) is 65535. That's the number represented by 16 bits, all of which are set to binary one.

It's common to store voltages in tenths of a volt. It's also common when a value is not available for some reason to return all zeroes or all ones. In this case, it's the latter. Hence 6553.5 V.

Edit: It's similar for the temperatures. The largest signed number you can store in 8 bits (1 byte) is +127. The lowest is -128. The all ones usually represents -1, so I'm a little surprised it didn't show that value.

So it looks like the app didn't connect to the car for whatever reason. Of course, a good app would display these values as N/A (Not Available) or similar. But then you can't make clever posts like yours 😊

[ Edit: "The all ones usually represents -128" → "The all ones usually represents -1" ]

Last edited:
Anybody else having the following problem? On the App I have always been able to create a destination and send it to the car. I have tried to do that today and it won’t even search. In other words, I cannot create a Travel Plan. The car is great, but this App is atrocious 😞
The app had a lot of problems yesterday. My brother parked the car in a big parking place and it took me 30 min to find the car. I tried to use find my car with horn and lights but it didn't work. 😑

Hi there,
I recently changed my mobile phone. I tried to bind it with my MG ZS EV but I kept receiving a message that it has already been bound.
I will appreciate any advice on what to do.

Hi there,
I recently changed my mobile phone. I tried to bind it with my MG ZS EV but I kept receiving a message that it has already been bound.
Login with the same credentials as the old phone. You’re car is bound to an account not the phone.

Hi there,
Remember to login via the new phone, using the same phone number or e.mail address that you used on your old phone.
If you used your phone number only, or e.mail address only, then do exactly the same on the new device!

I was going to start a thread about this after the siege I just had but I'll add this here and hopefully it will save people the same hassle.

MG iSmart Binding - SOLVED!

I picked up my MG4 yesterday, was loving it until I couldn't bind my iSmart app so I pissed about with it today until I got it.

The user experience here is not one bit intuitive in my opinion so if you're stuck, do this:
Download the app
On the app register or login
Keep it logged in
On the car infortainment, from the home screen swipe from right to left
Select user
You'll be asked to login do so with the exact credentials you used to register
Do not be fooled by thinking the big QR code for logging in is the QR code to be used for binding - it is not
Once you're logged in, select "Connect Vehicle"
There will be three steps listed here with 2 new QR codes - these are not example QR codes for illustration and are in fact the QR codes needed to bind the car
The one you need is on the right hand side (Step 3)
It's tiny so it's very hard for your phone camera to pick up and if it can't, what worked for me was I took a photo of it and emailed it to myself and scanned it from the zoomed in email
If doing it this way, be quick, the QR code only lasts for a few minutes

I'm a UX designer for a living and I'm well used to exploring and analysing bad software yet that took me probably a solid two hours and probably 10% battery to get to grips with so hopefully this will save someone on here that ordeal .

Perhaps I was lucky but it did not take me long to bind my Trophy having spent time on this forum and watched a number of YouTube videos. I used my phone's number for login and have not added an email address.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back