I do understand that the relock feature is a standard feature of the car, but I have found, if I unlock the car with the fob, then open and close the front drivers door, it does not automatically relock the car again and gives me all the time I need to prepare for my drive.
From memory I think this behaviour is detailed in the manual. I assume it's to guard against a pocket press opening the car and you being unaware. I.e. if you do anything to the car after an unlock it knows you meant to unlock and so leaves it open.

It's at it again, isn't it?

Got home yesterday about 5.30, on 34% charge. Plugged in. At first the app was working and estimated somewhere around 10.30 or 10.45 this morning to be finished. Some time during the evening it started giving me the "The remote control instruction failed, please try again later" and it's not working this morning either.

I presume the car has actually finished charging and balanced by now, but according to the app it's still on only 45% with 66 miles of range, which is where it was last time the app actually worked, about half past eight last night.

Not funny.
MG's EU server is located in Brussels. That's why the "find my car" button defaults to there when the server falls over.
My guess is that sometime last night, the office cleaner in Brussels unplugged the server to plug their hoover in.
It'll probably come back up sometime this morning when one of the office staff notices.

Some time during the evening it started giving me the "The remote control instruction failed, please try again later" and it's not working this morning either.
I have the same phenomenon here in Israel already 2 days. Zero communication with car.

Yesterday evening after I actually drove the car for a few yards everything was back to normal. I was even able to run the pre-heating just before leaving choir practice. I just left him parked on the drive after getting home last night as I need him again this evening, and when I tried just now the app was working OK.

I’ve been trying to access the app since late last night but keep getting the message that “status checking has failed”. Has anybody else had this problem?
Thanks
This is a well known fault with MG iSmart App that MG has (to date) failed to resolve. Many people, including myself have repeatedly reported this as it can be exasperating. There is no simple remedy and it can continue for minutes, hours or days. People have tried logging out/in the app, reinstalling the app and unbinding/rebinding the vehicle, all to no avail. All you can do is wait and it will eventually reconnect (but will repeatedly happen until MG release a stable update).

This is a well known fault with MG iSmart App that MG has (to date) failed to resolve. Many people, including myself have repeatedly reported this as it can be exasperating. There is no simple remedy and it can continue for minutes, hours or days. People have tried logging out/in the app, reinstalling the app and unbinding/rebinding the vehicle, all to no avail. All you can do is wait and it will eventually reconnect (but will repeatedly happen until MG release a stable update).
I think the stability update needs applying to MG's cloud server, not our phones!

Does mg marvel r have a trip plan ? Like if you put the address let's say 200km drive and it shows you where to stop and chager the car does mg marvel r also does that ?

Does mg marvel r have a trip plan ? Like if you put the address let's say 200km drive and it shows you where to stop and charger the car does mg marvel r also does that ?
You might be better posting on the Marvel R forum instead of the MG4 forum.

No, the thread title says that ... in the MG4 forum/board. ;)

Each board (just about) seems to have its own thread about iSmart, hence the suggestion to post in the relevant place - we MG4 owners can't tell you anything in relation to the Marvel R, and that includes how the app interacts with it.

No, the thread title says that ... in the MG4 forum/board. ;)

Each board (just about) seems to have its own thread about iSmart, hence the suggestion to post in the relevant place - we MG4 owners can't tell you anything in relation to the Marvel R, and that includes how the app interacts with it.
🥲

Hi, just got my MG4 Trophy this afternoon and the dealer could not get the ismart to bind the car to my phone.
I have setup on my iPhone the ismart app using my phone number for the account then on the main MG4 display we tried logging in using, the country code box is empty and not clickable but I can enter my phone number is the phone number box, I then type in my password and then click the button.
It just sits there with the little spinning icon on the main MG4 display for several minutes, we tried 4 times in total but could not get past the spinning icon on the MG4 so I said I would try when I got home as I needed to leave and drive back home to collect the wife from work.

I then tried at home a few more times but still just a spinny icon on the main MG4 display.
FYI: everything else looks great and works but still need to look at things tomorrow when it's daylight.

Any ideas anyone?

You must select the country code - it won't work without it. (And drop the leading 0 from your number).

Alternatively, setup an account using an email address - you can always add your phone number later.

Logging into the account is entirely separate from binding the car - make sure you can login to the app on your phone first before you try anything else (like logging in to the car).

I had the same the first time I tried it a couple of months back. The following day I tried exactly the same procedure (I think) and the country code dropdown was populated and it worked as expected.

I had the same the first time I tried it a couple of months back. The following day I tried exactly the same procedure (I think) and the country code dropdown was populated and it worked as expected.
Well, I just switched the display on and sat there with an empty country code box and my full mobile number in the other box, I just went to tap the password box to start entering but it then put up a QRCode to connect, so I scanned with my phone and I am in..... No idea how...

Anyway, I will start a different thread as I noticed something else that is not iSmart related. Thanks for the help.

Hello all, just got my Trophy delivered and it's awesome so far BUT I can't seem to be able to bind the app to the car. I have registered (after a few tries!) with MG and can log on to the app, I can also see the second QR code I need to scan. I then add the 4-digit code twice and disappointingly get an error message "service not available at the time, try later" (or similar).

Any ideas? I've never had the previous version of the app as just downloaded last week and I think I'm doing everything I should but yet, no binding.

Hello all, just got my Trophy delivered and it's awesome so far BUT I can't seem to be able to bind the app to the car. I have registered (after a few tries!) with MG and can log on to the app, I can also see the second QR code I need to scan. I then add the 4-digit code twice and disappointingly get an error message "service not available at the time, try later" (or similar).

Any ideas? I've never had the previous version of the app as just downloaded last week and I think I'm doing everything I should but yet, no binding.
Hi, I haven't got a car that uses the app but I have read most of this thread over the months.
Have you removed it all and started again and are you using a social media email and login?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back