Hi, I haven't got a car that uses the app but I have read most of this thread over the months.
Have you removed it all and started again and are you using a social media email and login?
Yes to everything except for removing it all and starting over as I just downloaded the app on Monday for the first time.

That doesn't work for me - if I get that message then either the car is asleep, the servers are down, or there's a comms issue with the car's 4G mobile data connection. I can refresh multiple times and still get the same message. (In my case it is usually the car being asleep, and an unlock/lock cycle kicks things into life).

Do you have good mobile network coverage where the car is parked, @Rosani?

Does anybody know if iSmart runs slow or not.

Everytime I try and use it 95% of the time it sits there and then tells me
"The remote control instruction execution is failed, please try again later"

On the odd occasion it does work but takes like 60+ seconds to connect to the car, and then another 60+ seconds going to status page.

Is this normal?

At first I thought it was due to bad bluetooth ( I still can't keep a solid bluetooth connection to the car for more than over a day). However when I am disconnected from bluetooth (ie turn the bluetooth off on my phone I can still very "occasionally" connect to iSmart via the app so it must run off the 4G esim built into the car.

I’ve been trying to access the app since late last night but keep getting the message that “status checking has failed”. Has anybody else had this problem?
Thanks
It happens occasionally. Sometimes holding & pulling down the app home page does it. Sometimes locking/unlocking the car sorts it. It works more than it “bugs out”. The car & software are a bit “poundshop” in an age where we expect everything to work faultlessly first time 🤷‍♂️

As far asI know it uses 4g not Bluetooth. Various solutions have been offered but sometimes it just means the MG4 servers are not responding, the 4g signal is not detectable or the car has gone into sleep mode.

The tech I spoke to yesterday seemed to expect a 4g signal status on the top line of the infotainment display (not visible on my SE). If some MG4s do have it, that could help rule out a signal strength problem.

I do not know about the SE but my Trophy has the standard signal indication, see top right on the image.

Attachments

• IMG_20240205_101215523_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240205_101215523_HDR.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 44
I have some photos of the hidden engineer info pages. In the Config - Feature page, it has an entry systemui_state_4g__ set to 0 which might explain the difference.
It also has an entry appmenu_callcentre__ set to 0 which might explain why I can't setup or test the ecall.

The tech I spoke to yesterday seemed to expect a 4g signal status on the top line of the infotainment display (not visible on my SE). If some MG4s do have it, that could help rule out a signal strength problem.
The SE doesn’t have the signal strength indicator but it should be possible to access the information through the engineering menu.

Anyone having issues with scheduled charging no longer working using the app?
Mine was fine until a few days ago and now not working.

Not even able to log in to this version, which is fantastic
Use your email rather than phone number. I’ve deleted my app as it won’t work for scheduled charging since the update.

Yep, exactly the same :(
I’ve deleted the app and scheduled charging worked by setting in the car.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 494 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back