Had to uninstall and reinstall, otherwise just black screen on start (android)
Now login button stays grayed out, even if country, phone number and password are correct. No leading zeroes in phone number nor special characters in the password.
How hard is it to find competent software developers for a multi-billion car company?
Under the blue "login" banner there is a little "accept terms" tickbox. It is hard to notice as the keypad on your phone covers it.

Signed out again.. Anybody else keep getting asked to sign back in with their password after an hour or so. Quite annoying! hope that it's just server issues etc like others reporting?
Does it say token expired? i just got that

Yeah, like others, mine comes up with the "login token expired" after about an hour and requires me to login again. Whilst I was logged in, I enabled biometric login, but it fails to offer that option and I have to enter all my login details again :rolleyes:
Why don't MG just bite the bullet, admit they're crap at programming get real programmers onboard??
It's got to the stage now where I've decided that, while I'll keep this one for a couple of years, my next car will definitely NOT be an MG!!

How did you manage it ?
I have been trying for ages but cant past the "bind car" screen.
The car QR code only shows if logging out & using to log back in.
If you log in with your existing account, there's no requirement to rebind your car. It seems like you might have logged in with the wrong or a new account. Ensure that you log in using either your phone number or email address, depending on your initial choice when creating the account.

In my experience, all I had to do was log in with the correct account, and there was no need to rebind the car.

I logged in (eventually) using email. I'll sort phone number login and other stuff (e.g. rescue call config) later - everything is slow at the moment due to the overload on MG's servers. :)

I have an MG4 Trophy Long Range. I went to run App as I do most mornings. I was told to update. Clicked that. New app appears to be installed. However, it dies not recognise my password. Tried to register. Screen says service not available! For heavans sake. I now have no access to the App! Anyone else suffering too?
Mine says already bound, unbind in the app, How??? I can't access the app!

Yeah, like others, mine comes up with the "login token expired" after about an hour and requires me to login again. Whilst I was logged in, I enabled biometric login, but it fails to offer that option and I have to enter all my login details again :rolleyes:
Why don't MG just bite the bullet, admit they're crap at programming get real programmers onboard??
It's got to the stage now where I've decided that, while I'll keep this one for a couple of years, my next car will definitely NOT be an MG!!
I hear you but have you tried other manufacturer's apps that work flawlessly? My Peugeot was a pain for connecting, and I've heard other people complaining about their apps for other manufacturers, I haven't found the MG to be all that bad ...... upto now!

We seem to have 2 threads running in tandem:

Worth a merge @Rolfe ?

I’m (finally) in on my iPad, but cannot login on my android phone. Unlikely reason, but I noticed themiPad app was MG Europe, whereas the android one was MG International. The same, but different?
The proven historical answer, as for many app installations, is probably to leave everything for 24/48 hours and then try.

Now works on ipad when it didnt before, retained all my details including off peak charging, but had to change klms to miles.. However not working on android phone when it did before! Will give it a few days to sort its self out.

Finally got mine working !! Thanks to this thread I was'nt aware of the update so did this for the Apple IOS Update. This is just the steps I did to get it working, some are probably not needed.

1. I did not open (old) app after reading this thread.
2. I went to Apple Updates and updated all apps showing, including MG Ismart which was there.
3. Got my email and password ready just in case.
4. Unlocked the car to wake it up.
5. Opened the new Ismart App and was greeted with a login page !
6. Entered my correct email and password and ticked all the accept buttons it said "Fail to get ..... email ..... User Info from tenant "
7. Tried again to login, failed again !!
8. Closed all apps and shut down Iphone.
9. Restarted Iphone 30 seconds later and opened app again.
10.Entered the same correct email and password and hey presto it logged me in

Now lets see how long it lasts.

First impressions are not that great ... it took me a while to find charging management page and I much prefer the old black skin.

I suspect the servers will be busy with everyone trying it out so should settle down over the next few days.

I’ve had to reset my password as it wouldn’t let me type the @ symbol, which was in my old one. Took that out of the new one and now it works for me. For how long is anyone’s guess!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back