"The remote control instruction failed, try again later ".... Tried uninstall and unbind etc...
Nothing works.
Not great is it?

IOS - Updated the app, re-binded, no problem. App loads OK, Serial number matches the car.
BUT NOTHING WORKS. Every request fails with a time-out. Have fully shut down the car thru the safety menu and brought it back up, deleted the app and started again, cleared the cache, but still cant talk to the car...... Is this a local problem, or a server problem at their end?

I’ve got the new app working on iOS. But, what has happened the ability to restrict the charging to 80%; there used to be a slider on the battery graphic that you could choose the max % for the charge. Just happens that I did a 100% charge the evening before the update so I didn’t get a chance to put it back to 80%. Has it been hidden away somewhere else in the app or can I set this somewhere else?

despite the token expiring after 60 minutes of inactivity, I like the new digital key feature: on the home page, if you open the app and are next to the car, it connects via Bluetooth and the lock and unlock buttons use the Bluetooth digital key. If you are away from the car or anyway not connected via Bluetooth they use the 4G network.

I’ve got the new app working on iOS. But, what has happened the ability to restrict the charging to 80%; there used to be a slider on the battery graphic that you could choose the max % for the charge. Just happens that I did a 100% charge the evening before the update so I didn’t get a chance to put it back to 80%. Has it been hidden away somewhere else in the app or can I set this somewhere else?
Go to the 'Battery' Tile (It thinks about it for a moment), then the 'Cog' at the top right. You choose from 10% increments from 40% to 100%. The 'Mode' (Long-trip mode or Battery Health mode) is indicated appropriately when you return.

Interestingly the first time I did this it successfully changed to 'battery health' mode - having redone it to type this I'll be dammed if I can get it back to 80%! (Have tried restarting App etc etc).

Back to mental gymnastics and length of time charging in Zappi go I :-(

I have the ZS as well and can't seem to find seat heating either. 😕 would be gutted if it's not available for it. My older Kona had that in the Hyundai app. Especially in this weather, I'd like it if the car had heated seats from the app
Using an iPhone there is no function to heat the seats in iSmart , and as far as I’m aware there never has been. The battery preheat, (which I could never get to work) has also gone for the ZS!

Coupled with all the other issues with V2 a real backwards step !!

Not on the ZS it isn't
No remote heated seat option for the ZS same as in the previous version of iSmart.

2.0.1 released already for android.not seeing any difference yet but will be trying it again in an hour hoping it doesn't log me out again! If they fix that I'll be happy!

While the UI looks cleaner they should have invested more in the backend service instead. The core problems persist, views don't populate with values on first attempt and service is not available all the time. What makes this upgrade worse for me is this "Token expired" nag. It is a major UX downgrade having to log in and retype pw every time, nearly just as annoying as switching LKA off every time!!

There's a settings cog/nut top right on the android app in the charging menu. Select that, and then you should see an option to set charging percentage. Hopefully also there on iOS version.

Using iPhone SE + display zoom (Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Display Zoom -> Larger Text) I was unable to see the tick box to accept the T&Cs and the Login button remained disabled. The LOGIN page DOES NOT support any scrolling.

Switched the zoom to normal - all worked. Now I wonder if I'll need to do that every time I need to login...

Well, I can log in now, but all I get is "The remote control instruction failed, please try again later." and no data.

Any ideas why? Do I need to rebind?

The same here.. Not connecting to car. Then saying expired token..crap app really

So... Just recharged my old phone - the old app works fine, which means that the new app is a POS. MG really should be ashamed of themselves. When I used to work in IT this poor quality wouldn't have got through the first testing stage.

Screenshot_20231219_061741_MG iSMART.jpg

Get it whilst it's hot!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums