Lots of bugs in that video above still ... no range or battery % showing, indoor temp 87c !!

Try again after an hour and see if your'e logged out (like me - token expired) and then when you log in again all the changes you made are lost - Imperial settings and Face ID 🤷‍♂️

IOS here.

Lots of bugs in that video above still ... no range or battery % showing, indoor temp 87c !!

Try again after an hour and see if your'e logged out (like me - token expired) and then when you log in again all the changes you made are lost - Imperial settings and Face ID 🤷‍♂️

IOS here.
I can confirm that’s what happened, got logged out… token expired.logged back in battery SoC now showing and temperature now 17degrees. Will report back if it logs out again.

Attachments

• IMG_1547.png
    IMG_1547.png
    480.3 KB · Views: 62
So. this morning the app has finally started to talk to the car. The problem is it’s not MY CAR ! My car is currently parked at the school where my wife works with 30% battery. However the car on the App is in a shopping center 10 miles away with a range of 136 miles.

This is worrying as I could turn up there, and unlock the car.

Anyone know how to get Iphone to save login and password ? I have keychain enabled and it works with other apps but not MG Ismart. My email shows but I have to type in password everytime.

On my Android phone it saves both.

There is a skin setting, but white is the only option! Maybe colours will come to change your car colour, or app! Time will tell, or not!

Battery pre-heat option, which never worked on my ZS with my iPhone has been removed.

Manuals don’t want to download, anyone managed to access theirs please?
It's still there, just moved out of the timed charging section (which makes sense but about the only thing that dies with this app!)

So. this morning the app has finally started to talk to the car. The problem is it’s not MY CAR ! My car is currently parked at the school where my wife works with 30% battery. However the car on the App is in a shopping center 10 miles away with a range of 136 miles.

This is worrying as I could turn up there, and unlock the car.
Turn up and find a new car and wife with free miles all thanks to MG iSmart 😂 not a bad update.

Joking no offence intended.

Schedule Battery heating is there, is that new?
just moved out from the timed battery charging section

i see that theres an update already to 2.0.1 - going in, if I'm not back in 20 minutes, send a search party LOL

EDIT: that seems to have worked (iPhone), I updated and opend the app and it logged me in automagically. Everything crossed that it stays working!

One thing to note is that there is an option in the security settings to use biometric to log on. So I can open the app with a fingerprint now!

One thing to note is that there is an option in the security settings to use biometric to log on. So I can open the app with a fingerprint now!
No. It replaces inputting the PIN when you change an option or take an action on the car. You still have to log in to the app with a password.

I updated, logged in, and it worked okay there are no advantages over the previous app. However if you don’t use the app for 30 minutes or more it logs you out! So now I have to login every single time like I do with my banking app. You would expect it with a banking app, not with an app that is supposed to make life for the car easy.

I’m so sick of this car and its software, updates that are available but the dealer won’t do them. Updates for the app that aren’t needed but are forced on you and screw up the app.
Yep stupid update forcing regular relogging in. It's actually worse than online banking for me, as at least that allows me to do fingerprint unlock. The MG iSmart app allows you to tick fingerprint but it doesn't work for the initial login screen - if they just did that it would be 100% better.

Morning,

Logged into iSmart this morning (iPhone) and got a message saying update to version 2 as it has major changes.

Went to the App Store and apparently the app isn’t available in my country (UK) Tried to search for an update manually but no luck.

The app is basically bricked now as I can’t clear the please update message to use any features. Anyone else experiencing this?
Just the same with me tried unistalling the app and reinstalling - did not work

Could you tell me where please Starplots?, thank you 👍😀
I've heard a few ZS owners haven't got this ... look back a few pages !!

Your'e in the MG4 forum here 👍

Bottom slider control for MG4 owners .. see image below

Hope you have it too 🤞

Attachments

• IMG_2917.PNG
    IMG_2917.PNG
    250.9 KB · Views: 51
Anyone know how to get Iphone to save login and password ? I have keychain enabled and it works with other apps but not MG Ismart. My email shows but I have to type in password everytime.

On my Android phone it saves both.
yeah. I have the same problem. I am on an iPhone 12 and each time I open the app it says my 'token has expired' and I have to enter the bloody password again!

SO RUBBISH!!

I've left a bitchy review on the app store :mad:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 522 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums