Does anyone know if the app is working yet? I'm on android and it's been dead since yesterday evening for me. I tried logging out and reinstallng the app, now I can't even get logged in.

Thanks.
I did the same, reinstalled the app, managed to bind again, but haven't been able to connect with the app for 24 hours now, so it's not just you

Indeed, I haven't unbound the car, just want to log back in to the app first! App version I have is 2.02 as android. We think it's a server issue rather than an app version issue though, right?

I did the same, reinstalled the app, managed to bind again, but haven't been able to connect with the app for 24 hours now, so it's not just you
It's ridiculous! I didn't unbind the car, just reinstalled the app but now can't get back in ... we think it's a server issue rather than app version issue, right?

Mine not working either. Car needs charging too.... have to say, the app is a crock of shite. Never works when I need it.

Update : I've just managed to log back in to the app. Now getting told "The Digital key is not activated" and when I try to activate it I get "service not available please try later". So, nothing in the app works.
me too!
Too bad that offline isn't handled by the app!!!
If servers are so unreliable please consider to let us "talk" to the car via bluetooth without server in the middle

In those cases, please also consider a backup server to let us know the status of the problem.
"Server will be on vacation for x days" it's better than keep trying to log in

me too!
Too bad that offline isn't handled by the app!!!
If servers are so unreliable please consider to let us "talk" to the car via bluetooth without server in the middle

In those cases, please also consider a backup server to let us know the status of the problem.
"Server will be on vacation for x days" it's better than keep trying to log in
As far as I know, if you are offline the Bluetooth key still works.
Just put the phone in airplane mode

They fixed the mileage km/miles conversion issue. While the server was up and running
This isn’t the app per se. This is the server that has a problem.
Wonder if they fixed the other ‘known bugs’, such as the crazy temperature reporting, and the range not showing half the time when you open the app etc…

Mine not working either. Car needs charging too.... have to say, the app is a crock of shite. Never works when I need it.
I’d agree the app fails to connected multiple times per week. Currently car on drive with just 30% battery. But I can’t connect. I’ve done all the usual , unlock, start car, lock up again. My charger install not until next week, so using granny charge so I really needed to start charging outside scheduled time. So I’m guess I’m stuck!

Looked in car settings but can’t see any means of setting charging in the car.

So basically until app decides to work again I’m screwed

It’s total crap

I’d agree the app fails to connected multiple times per week. Currently car on drive with just 30% battery. But I can’t connect. I’ve done all the usual , unlock, start car, lock up again. My charger install not until next week, so using granny charge so I really needed to start charging outside scheduled time. So I’m guess I’m stuck!

Looked in car settings but can’t see any means of setting charging in the car.

So basically until app decides to work again I’m screwed

It’s total crap
Scheduled charging is through the in-car charging screen : tap the cog on the right

As far as I know, if you are offline the Bluetooth key still works.
Just put the phone in airplane mode
Maybe my problem is to have logout from app. Without server I cannot activate the electronic key...

Back to normal... I did nothing, so they fixed the server issue. Connection with car via Bluetooth and network working fine.

They fixed the mileage km/miles conversion issue. While the server was up and running
This isn’t the app per se. This is the server that has a problem.
The km/miles thing isn't totally fixed for me on 2.0.4. It still does the below, which started on 2.0.3 for me.
Right now, 70 miles range, tap to go to charging screen, 70 miles remaining range. Tap back to main screen, 43 miles range. Pull down to Refresh, 70 miles range.
70km = 43 miles, so it's still treating the range as km when going back from the charging screen, and converting it.

70km = 43 miles, so it's still treating the range as km when going back from the charging screen, and converting it.
My guess is that it's always displaying in km, partly because that's what everything is calculated in. Then they seem to overwrite the km with miles if the units setting is miles, but they forgot to "invalidate" (in Windows terminology) the digits (as opposed to the units), to force a re-paint.

This seems like very poor software design, and poor testing as well. "Yep, it says miles, bug fixed!". Just out by a factor of 60%!! 😡

The km/miles thing isn't totally fixed for me on 2.0.4. It still does the below, which started on 2.0.3 for me.
Right now, 70 miles range, tap to go to charging screen, 70 miles remaining range. Tap back to main screen, 43 miles range. Pull down to Refresh, 70 miles range.
In 2.0.4 initially this appeared fixed to me. That was when the server was working. Then after the server went down, and came back up, the bug reappeared. So maybe something else plays a factor in whether this happens. Will try and log out and back in again.

The miles/km issue is still there unfortunately. But one thing for sure they fixed for me is the scheduled battery heating! Finally!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back