I find it outrageous that they are not able to sort out these issues even though the app has been out for a while now. For me, the reliability of the app (the ability to remotely warm up the car when it's very cold outside) is just as important as the car itself. Not having to scrape the windows but instead just walk over to the car, hop inside and drive off, was the main reason I chose EV over petrol car. Had I noticed the lamentable state of software during the first 30 days I would have rejected the car immediately and took a used Kona instead.

This app has now let me down so many times I just have to vent (again, sorry).

Hello, I have downloaded the iSmart app but when I enter either the phone code or my email, I get a message saying "this service is not available at present, please try again later". I cannot get past this to register. I have an MG4 long range and use gmail and have a UK phone no. Can anyone help please?

Hi All,
I have an SE model and updated the app on my phone recently.
It now seems temperamental whether it will connect or not.
It frequently gives me the message "Remote control instruction failed".
It does work occasionally and, just to note, proximity or shared wifi don't seem to make any difference and haven't noticed a pattern.
Not a major problem as i haven't needed to set the heating going before getting in it since having this issue and i can just physically get in the car to make it heat the battery or start/stop charging.
Anyone else had this

Hi Anne and Littleflower. I've merged your posts into the ongoing thread about iSmart issues. I think if you look at recent posts here you'll find the explanation for your problems.

Mainly, that the bloody thing is having some down-time and we're all waiting for it to get back up and running again.

Hello, I have downloaded the iSmart app but when I enter either the phone code or my email, I get a message saying "this service is not available at present, please try again later". I cannot get past this to register. I have an MG4 long range and use gmail and have a UK phone no. Can anyone help please?
It's not you it's MG's servers. There has been ongoing problems with intermittent connectivity for the past few days. Just be patient and hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

Patience can be a difficult virtue! As with so many things, airport delays spring to mind as another example, things would be so much more bearable if only we were given more information. Probably pie in the sky to expect MG to say something like: "We have an issue with AWS. We are working with Amazon to sort it and we hope to get it resolved by [date]. We will update by then."

Patience can be a difficult virtue! As with so many things, airport delays spring to mind as another example, things would be so much more bearable if only we were given more information. Probably pie in the sky to expect MG to say something like: "We have an issue with AWS. We are working with Amazon to sort it and we hope to get it resolved by [date]. We will update by then."
Couldn't agree more. It feels like they are pulling the plug altogether if the app keep giving errors all the time. It's not so hard to show a "We're under maintenance" or whatever but apparently MG is still very much at a learning stage of mobile and back-end server development.

While I can get the new app to work reliably, the remote car heating doesn't work - it always fails with Error 47. This used to work reliably with the old app.

Anyone else seen this and any ideas? I have already tried locking and unlocking the car and a reboot etc...

While I can get the new app to work reliably, the remote car heating doesn't work - it always fails with Error 47. This used to work reliably with the old app.

Anyone else seen this and any ideas? I have already tried locking and unlocking the car and a reboot etc...
Hi Tom - I am running on IOS on version 2.0.3. And I have just tried selecting the remote “A/C Blowing” and it appears to taking the command.

IMG_2578.png

IMG_2579.png

Thanks. I'm on the latest (2.0.4), but it always fails - I am clicking on the on/off button under Air Conditioner or going into HVAC and hitting send.

I don't have the Digital Key set up but I presume this is not needed.

Thanks. I'm on the latest (2.0.4), but it always fails - I am clicking on the on/off button under Air Conditioner or going into HVAC and hitting send.

I don't have the Digital Key set up but I presume this is not needed.
I don’t have it set up either Tom.
I tend to find that using the A/C tab allows you to change the required temperature you desire inside of the cabin.
I think the preset is 22 but if you wish, it offers the ability to increase it.
If you do, it will send the command to the car and you will receive an acceptance message back.
I use “A/C Blowing” but I find the default fan speed to be a bit feeble at level 3 TBH.
It needs to be 5 or ideally 6 for winter defrosting.
Are you listening App producers ( probably not ).

Yes, thanks, it was working just fine under the old app.

Oh well, I have a dealer visit coming up, will add it to the list.
The option tabs for the health check and my current home location / dealer / gas station are working, but my nearest local EV charging station is still 5,000 miles away though 🤣.
My concern is that they get bored trying to fix the obvious errors and just remove them from the App altogether !.
I clearly remember that when the App was first introduced, when running the health check, it would report the status of the electric windows ( either open or closed ) just like the sun roof.
Then after a weeks, it stated reporting the incorrect status of the windows.
At the next update, the facility was removed !.
So, it must be a case of this, if we can not fix it, we will remove it !.
Cheers ! 👋.

I just tried mine and it's fine now. I attempted to pre-heat the car, and the app reminded me that it wasn't locked. I went back to the home screen and locked it that way, and then I was able to start the pre-heat. As I was only testing it I then asked it to turn off the pre-heat, which it promptly did.

Seems to be working fine for me now, except for the EV management page which won’t load any data but will accept requests to schedule charging or change target battery level

I only see data in the EV Management page when the car is being charged which, I think, is to be expected since the charge level/range info is on the home page. The other fields are filled when charging.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back