MG4 Trophy Focus Warning Alert (Fix incoming)

Hopefully they sort it soon. Yes, got to expect bugs if you are an early adopter or only buy vehicles that have been out for a year or more.
Not sure I'd agree with that. If thorough testing had been done they would know these issues existed and would or should have done something about them.

Not sure I'd agree with that. If thorough testing had been done they would know these issues existed and would or should have done something about them.
I am pretty sure they knew about the issues. Beta software is the modern way. If it was all perfect you’d have to wait until mid next year to get the car. Like all things it is a tradeoff and I’d rather get the car earlier with bugs than wait.

I’m developer, we test our stuff thoroughly but bugs can still slip through. As long as they patch it soon enough I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Oh and I don’t think it’s the best idea for dealers to be demoing the Trophy while this is issue persists. It’s going to put potential customers off.
It certainly put me off during test drive, my dealer wrongly said it could be permanently disabled along with the other problematic safety features (lane-keep assistance in particular).
Glad the audible chimes can at lest be muted, otherwise I'd be returning the car unless a fix was confirmed.
Contacted MG by email, and like others have reported, was told there's no plans to change it;
"Thank you for your email, however there are currently no plans to change the set up of the vehicle at this time.
We will of course forward your email to the product and design teams for future consideration."

It does make you wonder about all the trade journo testing. Surely they encountered this issue, yet never thought to mention it in reviews. Client journalism?

It does make you wonder about all the trade journo testing. Surely they encountered this issue, yet never thought to mention it in reviews. Client journalism?
I obviously haven't watched every one, but the vast majority of video reviews I've seen were not a Trophy. Maybe that's why it's not been widely reported?

Has anyone tried covering up the camera yet to see what happens?
I covered it with my finger during the test drive I had recently, and it cured the problem. So, some black electrical tape cut to the shape of the sensor might work until MG fix what is clearly an issue. I had the same problem when I did a test drive in a Toyota BZ4x a couple of months back. I was warned by the salesperson to turn it off if it became annoying.

It was just a thought. It could be the equivalent of the unscrupulous garage removing the engine fault bulb.
According to the owners manual it's the Fatigue Monitoring Module fuse and nothing else. I haven't got mine yet so can't try it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back