Which should have been identified in performance testing prior to app launch
There is an amazon IAM performance issue, which manages user authentication for client applications, which is being investigated by Amazon currently according to their developer portal, as of 12hrs ago.

Relating the user authentication token propagation which results in token expiration and login failures.

I am getting so fed up with MG!

Had the same rigmarole as most of you have endured today. Now my issue is with not being able to ’Bind’ the car 🤔

Hoping it is just a case of the servers being busy, pure and simple pain in the arse.

Why can’t things ……. Just work??

I feel like a right auld moaning Meldrew (at the ripe young age of 54!!!)

Which should have been identified in performance testing prior to app launch
I agree. There should have been some consideration given to the increased demand due to the number of users upgrading. Now App-less until I can get to login. Verification codes that only last 10 minutes are no good in this situation. Also, app needs to provide confirmation that verification code has been sent. The "Service not available" message appears too often.

There is an amazon IAM performance issue, which manages user authentication for client applications, which is being investigated by Amazon currently according to their developer portal, as of 12hrs ago.

Relating the user authentication token propagation which results in token expiration and login failures.
Which is reporting as fixed as of 7:18am Pacific (15:18 UK) yesterday

I downloaded the new app (the old one no longer works) but I can't log in!

"This service is not available. Please try again later"

:mad:
I have noted others have said there is an issue with inputting symbols. You may have to reset you password.
I can log into my app, log direct into my car, us the app to login to my car nut my app still just says "bind car" with no option on the car to get a "connect car" QR code.

First impression, it wasn't broke - but is now.
I don't want range in metric, can't select imperial - it's greyed out. Left a "poor" revue on playstore.

Mine was working this morning... now when I try to log in it says "Failed to get [77xxxxxxxx] User Info from Tenant [459771]!

Hope this gets sorted out. It seems totally broken for me now.

Mine was working this morning... now when I try to log in it says "Failed to get [77xxxxxxxx] User Info from Tenant [459771]!

Hope this gets sorted out. It seems totally broken for me now.
Exactly the same for me.
I'm going to give it a damn good ignoring for a few hours.......then try again......

Which is reporting as fixed as of 7:18am Pacific (15:18 UK) yesterday
Haven't had the subsequent notification of fixed at my end for an application we use at work which uses IAM for authentication.

Last update was propagation was expected to be complete by 16:00 today

Edit: we've had a resolution notification at 15:02, saying all our IAM requests have now propagated.

Last edited:
I tried a few times in a row to reset my password when it kept timing out and telling me to try again later. I gave up. Then two verification codes came in within a few seconds of each other, so it had managed to process two of the requests. When I tried to reset the password, of course it said invalid verification code the first time, but the second one worked (the one that arrived first). It would only let me use my mobile number though. Using my email address it said it was not registered.

So now I'm in the app and I didn't have to rebind to the car, thankfully. It scanned the system first try, reporting everything OK, but it took several attempts before it came up with the remaining battery and estimated mileage (didn't change to km).

It would be helpful if everyone left a blistering review in the various app stores. It can take a few days for new reviews to be uploaded so be patient
Put a poor review ..

Enough to say v2 to me is only a minor improvement on an already average app .. But hey ho - At least when it loaded / worked I could heat my car/seats

Shame the Gen 1 ZS cant retro be added for remote heating etc ...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back