I was just looking for an existing thread to raise this in, but since this one is here, yes.

I've been trying pretty frequently all afternoon, as my car is doing its <10% to 100% charge on the granny lead today and I wanted to see how it was getting on. I have actually managed to connect twice in that time, since about noon I think, but that's all.

So it's not absolutely down, but it might as well be.

ETA: My "last updated time" is showing as 17:09:43.

I'm just glad it was working in the early hours of Wednesday! I had come home low (12%) on Tuesday, but couldn't do the long charge on Wednesday because I needed the car. I did a bit of quick mental arithmetic to see how long it would take to get enough charge so I could safely drive it as far as I had to go on Wednesday but still arrive back low enough to start the long charge.

The answer was 4 am. So I set my phone's alarm for 4 am. When it woke me I opened the app and checked how the car was doing. Seemed about right so I stopped the charge manually and went back to sleep. I'm not even sure if I bothered to put the bedroom light on.

If the app had been playing silly buggers I'd have been pretty cross, because I'd have had to get up and go out to the car (in the garage) in my dressing gown to stop the charge.

I can't connect either.
I use the ismart to start my granny charger at midnight. Plugged my car in and not charging (green flashing light on granny charger).
Q, With the MG server down, will my car start charging at midnight?

Nope, nothing since ten past five, the second of two apparently random connections since noon.

I've also been getting the digital key activation error message.
The digital key error for me wasn't even when trying to use the digital key (only use app to pre heat), just randomly comes up when I refresh the app currently.

I can't connect either.
I use the ismart to start my granny charger at midnight. Plugged my car in and not charging (green flashing light on granny charger).
Q, With the MG server down, will my car start charging at midnight?
Just schedule the charging in the car rather than app to be sure.

anyone else having trouble with iSmart App this eve? Was working fine this morning but now saying unavailable and errors about remote key.

Does not let me check vehicle status or turn on remote heating. Server issues? Or just me?
View attachment 23254

View attachment 23255
Edit: also just noticed my temperature lol.. 87C! Definitely doesn't feel that warm lol.
I can’t even log in right now.

The digital key error for me wasn't even when trying to use the digital key (only use app to pre heat), just randomly comes up when I refresh the app currently.

Same for me.

Same for me, left work about 4.45 with it working but nothing since I got home an hour later !!

I wonder if that was a lucky strike, like my ten past five one. Most people haven't seen it working since about noon.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back